Followers

Wednesday 26 July 2023

Fun in the sun


 Good morning, today sees the start of a new challenge over at Fab'n' Funky Challenges, it's our last one before we break for the summer so be sure to check it out.

I'm hosting this time,  the theme is Summer Fun.

This little guy is really happy and chilled out- he's on holiday and enjoying a day on the beach- it's not raining,  the wind has dropped to a pleasant breeze, the sky is cloudless blue and the sun is shining- not too hot though, he doesn't like 40+ degrees, not at all pleasant with a fur coat. I don't like it either- even without the fur coat! I would rather have the cool temperatures, rain and wind that we have now than feel like I'm being boiled alive! He's sitting back, relaxing with a cold drink, admiring the magnificent sandcastle he's just built. 

The bear stamp is from QKR Stampede, one I've had for years, coloured with markers, as is the sandcastle (magazine freebie) and the background. Striped paper is Polkadoodles and the sun die is an unnamed one I bought from ebay.

There's more inspiration from my lovely teamies over at Fab'n' Funky so come on over and join the fun.

Thanks for visiting

Chris

x

Challenge entries:

#btchallenge125- vacation

worldwidecrafters #7

daisychain #76

FQCB #32

papercraft #96

craftingchallenge summer time


16 comments:

meg said...

Your card made me smile,the bear looks as though he is really enjoying himself,

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fantastic summer card Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Janette said...

I can almost feel the warmth of the sun Chris, ( its for sure its not in the sky here ) a beautiful card, gorgeous scene and that bear is adorable, I have one from QKR but its a Christmas one I think, need to look that up.
Hope you have a nice day. xx

Pat said...

Awesome card Chris, love all your summer colours, your great background scene and the really cool bear sitting chilling.

Pat xx

crafty-stamper said...

Great Summery card love the sunbathing bear and your die-cut sun
Carol x

Liz said...

Love this Chris, what a fun design. xx

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

Chris: Thanks for participating at FarmQuest!! Glad to have your wonderfully creative work shared here! Your bear is enjoying the summer weather and very colorfully styled as well! This card is a roaring success! --Becca

brenda said...

This is such fun Chris and just makes you smile and he's certainly relaxing.

B x

Sue said...

Awww such a fabulous summer card Chris that bear made me chuckle..Ollie doesn't like the heat either he's always trying to find the coolest part of the kitchen floor LOL hugs xx

Chrissy said...

Super cute fun in the sun Chris, your bear is fabulous sitting there in the sun, love the background scene and awesome colouring..

luv CHRISSYxx

aussie aNNie said...

What a fun card Chris, It's a wonderful card with this great colouring and design xx

chrissy xx said...

This made me smile! Such a cutie. LOve your summer colours and a FAB design. I'm glad I didn't meet him on my hols lol.
Chrissyxx

Pat K said...

What fabulous colouring of this very chilled bear Chris. Great scene you've created for him as well. Hope the sun comes out for you soon..with cooler temps as well. xx

Bernadet said...

Oooh wowww Chris!
You colored the bear just likes he is real!

Lisa said...

Great coloring of this super fun bear. Love his scene and the layers too.

pinky said...

Oh if only Chris, I would join him in an instant. So cute!!