Followers

Friday 28 July 2023

Hot colours at Crafty Catz


Good morning, today sees the start of a new challenge at Crafty Catz, the last one before our summer break. There is no sponsor this week-it's a just for fun challenge but we will be choosing a top 3 as usual.

Janet is hosting this challenge, the optional twist is HOT COLOURS for anyone wishing to use it, but as always, anything goes at Crafty Catz. 

I needed a quick birthday card so I made this- The background is DP, I think it looks like it's handmade with blended ink so I really like it! I stamped the grungey floral stamp (Polkadoodles)-it's just one stamp that fits a DL size card perfectly, then used watercolours to colour some of the flowers and leaves, added some  highlights with a white gel pen , a few sequins and the fussy cut, stamped banner which I left white to make it stand out.

Head on over to Crafty Catz and check out the fabulous creations from my teamies, then I hope you'll take the chance to join in before we close down for the summer.

Thanks for visiting

Have a great weekend (whatever the weather!)

Chris

x

beautifulblossoms #7

triple B July Challenge

birthstonechallenges #4

welovestamping July Challenge

polkadoodle. #29


18 comments:

Janette said...

Gorgeous card Chris, those colours are beautiful.
Hope you have a nice weekend. xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A stunning card I love the vibrant colours Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

Absolutely stunning Chris,the background and stamping are beautiful

tilly said...

a gorgeous card in those really hot colours, I love it but somehow always seem to go for soft colours when doing craft, wish I could do these more often, I must practice, I like the way the sentiment stands out xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and stamp,beautifully coloured and the P.paper is a perfect background
Carol x

Linby said...

That's an amazing DP it looks wonderful with your stamping. The fussy cut banner is the perfect finishing touch.

brenda said...

You've certainly nailed the hot sunny colour brief today Chris, it's just radiated heat - which is more than can be said outside.

B x

Sue said...

Absolutely gorgeous Chris love the colours you have used and the stamp! really pretty hugs Sue x

Chrissy said...

Oh,yummy,I LOVE your hot colours Chris, great paper for a fabulous kick start, love the stamp and additional colours, gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

brenda said...

Me again Chris, just popped back to say many thanks for linking your lovely floral card at We Love Stamping.

B x

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh I thought this was a stamped background until I read your description. This turned out great and looks super in the hot colors too.

chrissy xx said...

FABulous colours Chris. These sequins really do 'pop'.
Chrissyxx
We have another flood alert all weekend.

Barbara Bruder said...

WOW!!, your card is a beauty. Great colors. Love how you designed the card and all the great details that you added. Really makes that card stand out!! Thank you for sharing with us over here at Birthstone Challenge Blog and best of luck with your entry.
Barbara DT Member for https://birthstonechallenges.blogspot.com/

Darlene said...

Absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Beautiful Blossoms! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
BB DT
BEAUTIFUL BLOSSOMS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Donna Walls said...

Gorgeous card design and floral image. I would never have guessed the background was DP; it's a great mixed media theme. Thanks for inspiring us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge, we enjoy seeing everyone's creativity.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Mervi said...

Fabulous and colourful card!
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge;-))m

Curly said...

OM word this is scorching hot, the image is beautiful,
i love everything about the card.
have a wonderful week
hugs bridget xx

pinky said...

Very beautiful in those colours and very artsy feel. Really love it Chris.