Followers

Wednesday 12 July 2023

Monochrome + a pop!


 Good morning, hope your week is going well and the weather is being kind to you. I've had a lovely week so far- yesterday I took my eldest granddaughter to lunch, she's finished school for this year, having just sat her GCSEs and enjoying some well-deserved time to relax. She's a good girl, has always worked really hard at school and is expected to get good grades, she's been offered places at 3 different Grammar schools so is just waiting for her results before making a decision. it was so lovely to spend some quality time with her, between her studies and social life I haven't seen as much of her as I used to! 

Getting back to the reason for this post, my card today is for our new challenge at Fab'n' Funky. Buffy is hosting this fortnight and she wants to see 

'Monochrome with a single pop of colour.'

To make my CAS card I've used a gorgeous stamp from Pink Ink, I just love his little face! It was quick and easy to make as the stamp is quite large and so detailed. I stamped it onto a square of mixed media card, and added a little shading with  grey coloured pencils. Stamped the sentiment and the tiny paw print and it was done.

There's some great inspiration from my fabulous team over at the Challenge Blog, so do take a look! Hope you can find the time to play along 

Thanks for visiting, enjoy the rest of the week.

Chris

x

Challenge entries:

kraftychicks #671

Simply Clean & Simple #1

unicorn #89

countryview July Challenge

craftyanimals #74

crittercrazy #76

daisychain #75

aaacards. #244





18 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Congratulations to your Granddaughter ♥
Fabulous card I love monochrome cards Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

He is adorable Chris,a beautiful card,congratulations to your granddaughter

Janette said...

Morning Chris, what a gorgeous image, not seen before but its just so sweet and I do love the monochrome, looks fabulous.
Your granddaughter deserves some 'nice' time now after the exams, I remember my lot going through them it can be gruelling but so worth it, sure she will do really well. xx

crafty-stamper said...

Congratulations to your Grandaughter -our eldest Grandaughter has just finished her GCSEs too and today has an experience day at college.LOve the CAS card and such a gorgeous image.
Carol x

Linby said...

Congrats to your Grand daughter.
This is an adorable image and your CAS treatment with it works brilliantly.

brenda said...

Just look at that face, how can you not been captivated and such an effective take on the theme.

Sounds like a nice trip with your Granddaughter after the stress of exams.

B x

Pat said...

Gorgeous card Chris, love that “oh so cute” image and your tiny pop of colour. So nice to have lunch and the day with your granddaughter, congratulations to her. Heidi has just finished her GCSE’s and Emma her A levels and I think they all deserve some relax time now.

Pat xx

Sue said...

Congratulations to your Granddaughter Chris I can remember waiting for my results many moons ago lol Your card is adorable and such a beautiful image too hugs x

Michal said...

Beautiful card and warm congrats to your granddaughter! Thanks so much for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Liz said...

Wonderful card Chris, what a great stamp and the shading is perfect. I love the pop of a red paw print. xx

Diane said...

Love love your dog card, and isn't it fun being a grandmother!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Simply Clean & Simple.
Diane Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Simply Clean & Simple}
{Triple B}

Jenny L said...

Hi Chris,
I agree this is such a very wonderful stamp and in monochrome it looks even more wonderful almost like an etching.
Love the little coloured paw print it just finshes it all off perfectly.
Wonderful news about your Granddaughter hope she goes to her preferred Grammer School.
My youngest Granddaughter goes to a local ?Grammer School and is doing very well she is just a year older than my Eldest Granddaughter's daughter so I hsave a Granddaughter and Great Granddaughter nearly the same age as my Son didn't have children till he was 36.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Chrissy said...

Aww, look at those eyes, he is beautiful Chris and love the pop of red with the paw print, and so glad you had lovely quality time with your grandaughter..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh I love this Pink Ink image and your CAS card with just the pop of color is fantastic! Oh I might need to find this image for a few of my pet donation cards.

pinky said...

How lovely to get out with your Granddaughter. No way would my Grandson's want to do that lol. I love your card and your little pop of colour is so subtle.

Buffy said...

He is so adorable, and the little tiny paw print.....Aaaaahh!!
Buf xx

Pat K said...

Wonderful monochrome card using that fabulous stamp. Love it. Congrats to your granddaughter. Exciting times. xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You did right by not adding any decoration to this wonderful face. What a soulful look he has. I absolutely love it. The little touch of the red paw print is perfect. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Critter Crazy Challenge this week. Good Luck. I hope to see you again in our next challenge.
Faith A DT