Followers

Saturday 16 September 2023

Happy holiday!


 Good morning, we're just back from holiday so I'm a little late with this post- the new challenge at Crafty Catz started yesterday but there's still plenty of time to join in. The optional theme for this week, chosen by our lovely Bridget, is 'DIES'
 Our fabulous sponsor this time is 

Dr Digi


The image I have used is Selfie Santa, which I coloured with Copics and fussy cut (that little twiggy arm was tricky!) . The merry Christmas die is Memory box  which I've cut from a square of DP (The Works) and placed over an embossed square of white cardstock.

We had a wonderful holiday-great location and accommodation, just 20 minutes walk to the beach,  amazing weather, so warm and sunny but thankfully not too hot for Marvin, who I'm happy to say made up for his disappointing beach day last week- he was in the sea -every day- at least once, sometimes twice and he found a little stream to play in too, not to mention the muddy puddles in the lane after the thunderstorm we had one night! He's such a 
waterbaby.



View from sundeck


Same view at sunset



In the sea at last! - In such a hurry to get in he forgot to wear his trunks!

Happy, tired boy drying off in the sun.

Thanks for stopping by- don't forget to check out the challenge blog, as always some fab creations from my teamies to enjoy and admire.
Thank you for all the lovely comments left while I was away, very much appreciated, I will be catching up with you all as soon as I can.

Chris
x

17 comments:

brenda said...

Pleased you had a good holiday and clearly Marvin did as well, great photos. Like the clean cut lines of today's card.

B x

coldwaters2 said...

Great that you and Marvin had such a lovely holiday and what a fabulous festive card you have created love your choice of digi the embossing and die you have also used is superb
hugs
lorraine x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fantastic card and wonderful holiday photos please you had a great time have a great weekend
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

tilly said...

the dots folder works so well for your Santa, well done not cutting off his arm lol, the holiday looks great, the views and the seaside fun, bet Marvin wonders where it has gone this week lol xx

chrissy xx said...

FABulous scenery Chris. Sounds like you all had a great time!
Super sweet image and I LOve your design.
Chrissyxx

Janette said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, love the image and that dotty folder, sure I have that somewhere...
So nice to see the pics from your hols Chris, Marvin looks in his element, so good to see him like this :))
I also want to thankyou for the most gorgeous card, sorry you can't use my email it makes no sense at all, am getting my son to look into it, but you know what, old style post is 100% better. xxx

Bernadet said...


What a great card Chris. Love the dots folder.
Good to hear you all, included Marvin;) had an fantastic holiday!

meg said...

So pleased to read that you all had a great holiday,the pics are beautiful.Love your Santa Selfie card

Pat said...

Great Christmas card Chris, great image too. Love the photo's, so glad you had a good holiday and that Marvin enjoyed his dips in the sea. Have a good weekend.

Pat xx

crafty-stamper said...

Great Christmas card love the Santa selfie and pics of Marvin enjoying his holiday
Carol x

Aunty Sue said...

Glad you had a fab holiday and nice pictures and memories.Oh loving the card too

Curly said...

I love this Chris, The classy red and white I love Father Christmases braces he like Bobby Ball Rock on Tommy lol, beautifully coloured as always..
I love the photos from your holiday, it looks so peaceful.
Marvin looks like he had the time of his life playing in the water.
Have a lovely weekend and week
Hugs Bridget :) x

Chrissy said...

Fabulous fun card Chris, love the selfie pair and dotty background and what a fabulous spot for a holiday, Marvin looks like he had the most wonderful time even though he was butt naked in the water, ha ha ha..the views are just stunning..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Liz said...

Super Christmas card Chris. I love this Santa image. Sounds like your had a great holiday, thank you for sharing the photos. xx

pinky said...

Wow Marvin has gotten so big Chris!! Looks like the holiday did him good lol. I am loving this gorgeous card, what a great die!

lichazul said...

Beautiful card 👏💐 congrats
Happy day

Linby said...

A great use of the sentiment die (which I am never sure how to use!) your card looks wonderful. Fab photos too.