Followers

Saturday 16 September 2023

Tags at Sweet Stampin'





Hello, I'm still running a bit late- but gradually catching up, it's amazing how much there is to do after just a week away. It's been a beautiful day today and I must confess to taking a teeny little time out to have a tiny little read out in the sunshine...it would be a shame to miss out on what will probably be my last chance as it seems the weather is about to change after today. 

A new challenge started today over at Sweet Stampin'

- the theme for this fortnight is TAGS.

I die cut a fairly large tag from white cardstock and smooshed it into some purple, yellow and blue distress inks adding a few splatters of the same colours. I stamped the beautiful Pink Ink witch directly onto the tag, then stamped her again onto white card, coloured her with markers, then cut her out-minus her hair- and adhered her onto the first image- a whole lot easier than trying to cut round that hair! I stamped the sentiment and the foliage around the edges using grey Versafine Clair ink, colouring the leaves with a green sparkle gel pen, then tied on some fibres and ribbon. It makes a great bookmark.

Do hop over to the challenge blog to check out the fabulous creations from the rest of the team, I hope you'll be inspired to join us.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend

Chris

x

Challenge entries:

polkadoodle #37

morgansartworld #9

TIOT fantasy

audsentiments #305

avenue613 September Challenge

aperfecttimetocraft #9

classicdesign #9


 

19 comments:

meg said...

The beautiful witch and your background are stunning Chris

brenda said...

Despite the Witch you tag has a lovely dreamy feel to it Chris, it's the blend of colours that does it, clearly she's a good Witch.

B x

Janette said...

I like your Witch, she doesn't look like a nasty old Witch does she:)) Beautiful tag, looks very dreamy and soft, the colours are so lovely together. xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fantast tag beautiful image and dreamy background
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful tag and inky background-love the beautifully coloured witch.
Carol x

pinky said...

Oh that is super gorgeous and I am loving those colours. Lucky you getting sunshine, can't remember what that looks like and scaffolding makes everything even darker!!

My name is Erika. said...

I have this stamp, but I must say I've never used it. (SHame on me, right?) You however have created an amazing tag with it. And you've inspired me for certain. Thanks for sharing this beautiful tag with us at TIOT for our challenge. Hugs-Erika

Pat K said...

WOW this is gorgeous Chris. Beautiful image and lovely soft colours. xx

Pay Someone To Take My Online Classes said...

Beautiful tag and dark background; the witch is exquisitely coloured.

Aunty Sue said...

This is so beautiful love the image and the colour combo. We have rain today just as teddy went for his brush and fluff

Linby said...

What a beautiful witch! Love how you coloured her and the colours of your smooshing.

Meggymay said...

Thank you for sharing your fantasy tag with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous tag Chris and beautiful colours, the witch is gorgeous and you would never know that she was cut out and added on top..perfect..

Luv CHRISSYxx

chrissy xx said...

FABulous colours Chris. Always think tags are harder to make than cards!
LOve your fussy cutting, such a great idea.
Chrissyxx

Mrs.B said...

I love this tag Chris, the background colours look so magical and that's a beautiful witch.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday. Avril x

Em Louise Fairley said...

Chris, it's beautiful. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

Hugs, Em
613 Avenue Create DT
Creative Em my blog
Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel

Lisa said...

Fabulous image and a gorgeous tag. Love the colors.

Billie A said...

So pretty. Great colors and image. So glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments

crafty said...

I love the inky background to your tag. Thank you for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments.
Mary