Followers

Saturday 2 September 2023

Penguins...

Good morning- it's me! Can't believe it's two whole weeks since I last blogged, I haven't been ill or on holiday, just busy doing other stuff! A fair amount of reading, some sewing... a top for myself, which I actually liked enough to wear, and nearly finished a dress, jury is still out on that! I was struggling a bit with my machine, which is nearly 50 years old, so treated myself to a new one yesterday, now I'll probably go off sewing again! 
I've also had some family time, looking after the younger granddaughters and celebrating my eldest granddaughter's GCSE success, she did brilliantly, we're so proud of her. 

My card today is for our new challenge at
sponsored this month by
The image I have used is Penguin Tree, which I've coloured with Copic markers. I found a tutorial on Pinterest with instructions how to fold this star shaped card, it's really simple to do and stands up beautifully when opened and folds nice and flat to post. the papers I used are from the Works, double sided which made it quicker than layering up different DP. I added die cut snowflakes and a die cut sentiment to finish.



 Be sure to hop over to Crafty Catz Challenge Blog to check out the inspiration from my lovely teamies.

Thanks for visiting, have a lovely weekend

Chris

x

Challenge entries:

Creative Creases #65

mostmagicaltimeoftheyear #12

kraftychicks #679

hollyandivy #146

cutiepie #185

christmaswiththecuties #73


20 comments:

Pat said...

Fabulous card design Chris, never seen one before but it looks so good open or closed, cute image too. Glad your granddaughter got good GCSE results, they work so hard for them, we had one with GCSE results and one with A levels both doing very well, so happy they are over for now. Have a good weekend looks like it could be a sunny one!

Pat xx

brenda said...

A fun shape Chris. Good news on your Granddaughter, it's a dreadful pressure time for them. Enjoy the new machine, like you mine was years old and hubby bought me a new one a couple of years ago, they've come on so much.

B x

meg said...

Definitely going to try this fold Chris,thank you for the link,your tower of penguins is adorable

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness I love this fun fold. Super cute penguins too.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Such a fantastic card design great fun image on the front Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Bernadet said...

What a great card Chris!! Love all the pinguins on it.
Lovely shape too.

Melanie Hungerford said...

Darling card, and that fold is just the perfect way to display it! Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks this week!

Liz said...

Fabulous card Chris, adorable image and I love the fold. I haven't seen that one before. Congratulations to your granddaughter on her exam results. xx

Janette said...

This looks amazing and very complicated too. May give it a try though because it looks gorgeous. Do love those little guys, so cute.
Congrats to your granddaughter, its wonderful to watch them go to the next stage isn't it. xx

samantha's cards said...

I love this shaped card, so fun. Thanks for joining us at THAIC.

pinky said...

I think the more hobbies we have the better Chris. I used to love sewing and doing machine embroidery but the machine is really neglected now. I also love crochet (self taught) but it keeps me occupied in front of the tv in the evenings. I absolutely love your fun fold card. Never came across that fold before but you have dressed your card up so beautifully.

Chrissy said...

Fabulous fold Chris, and love those sweet little penguins and you have been busy, wow, I have times like that, busy,busy,busy..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

Wow, what a terrific card that fits the brief perfectly at The Cutie Pies this time. thank you for sharing. Sarah DT

Michelle B. said...

So completely darling! Love the image and the fold is perfect for showcasing your beautifully colored penguins! So glad you joined us at Christmas with the Cuties!

Carrie said...

What an awesome card design! I'm going to have to check out the tutorial on how to make this! You've done a lovely job coloring those darling little penguins, and your die cut snowflakes and sentiment are perfect with that pengin digi! Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Creases!

Debbie Mageed said...

Gorgeous star fun fold card, Chris! I have made one before and know the work that went into it - so great job!! Love the cute images and lovely papers. Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping

Mrs.B said...

A great shaped card Chris and I love those little penguins.
Avril xx

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining in at The Most Magical Time of the Year with your wonderful project! DT - Val
https://mostmagicaltimeoftheyear.blogspot.com

Debbie Mageed said...

Hi, Chris! I just had to come back and let you know that we loved your card so much that it was chosen as one of our winners at Creative Creases!! Congrats!

Rae said...

One word... ADORABLE! You've chosen the perfect fold for this cute image. Just love it. Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases crew. Hope to see some of your beautiful work again soon.
Rae, DT