Followers

Saturday 23 December 2023

Merry Christmas


 Snatching a minute for a quick post to wish all my lovely friends, team mates and followers a very happy Christmas. I intended to do this much earlier today but it's been a bit hectic here so I thought I'd do it now before anything else happens or any more visitors turn up! Thank you all so much for all your lovely comments, support and friendship, it means a lot and you're much appreciated.

 This is the card I made for Marvin's best buddy's family. Watson is also a Red Fox Lab.  he's just a few months older than Marv and they look like two peas in a pod...they have the most wonderful walks together...or rather galloping, leaping, bundling runs- not a lot of walking goes on , a joy to watch.

I tried very hard to get Marvin to wear a Santa hat and pose for a photo to use on the card...but no chance- that hat will never be the same again. So I drew a dog (cheated a bit, drew my own version of an image I found online) scanned it and added a hat (Mo Manning digi), copied and flipped it so I had 2 dogs then coloured using my markers. Watson's owner loves it! 

I'm totally recovered from the Covid now, my O?H is nearly there- he managed to get a man-cold on top and we all know what THAT means! daughter and son in law much better- and no longer infectious ,so fingers crossed we will be having our family Christmas as planned.

Whatever you are doing, and with whom I hope you have a wonderful time. Merry Christmas!


Hugs

Chris

xx



14 comments:

Chrissy said...

Fabulous, fun, sweet card Chris and aren't you clever doing all that with your image they look adorable with their hats on, what a shame Marvin wouldn't oblige..
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and so glad everyone is kicking covid so hopefully you all have a wonderful day...

Luv CHRISSYxx

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card and love the cut pups.Hope you all manage a family Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.
Carol x

meg said...

An adorable pair Chris,sounds like they are best buddies and have a great time IRL.Hoping you and yours have a wonderful Christmas and Happy Healthy New Year.Meg xx

Liz said...

Fabulous cards, I love the cute dogs in their Santa hats. Glad to hear you’ve recovered from Covid and fingers crossed all your family are fully recovered by Christmas Day.
Merry Christmas and best wishes for a happy, healthy and creative 2024.
Liz xx

LesleyG said...

Wow that’s amazing how you made this! Hope you have your family time, Merry Christmas xxx

brenda said...

What a super card Chris, two lab, what more could you ask for. Pleased your all on the mend, have a fabulous Christmas.

B x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A delightful card.
Wishing you a happy Christmas 🎄
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Janette said...

How clever of you Chris, this is a gorgeous card and I love the 'double take' of Marvin, so cute :))
Happy to hear you are all feeling much better and able to share Christmas, have a lovely time, all the best. xx

Bernadet said...

This is amazing Chris. Love the 2 dogs with their Christmas hats on.

aussie aNNie said...

Such a beautiful card love the great style and design ☻
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas ♥

Pat said...

What a fabulous card Chris, love the dogs. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.

Pat xx

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh I love this image. What a fun Christmas card.

pinky said...

This card is adorable and sounds perfect for the recipients. I hope you all got together ok for Christmas and the New Year!! Happy New Year to you all, wishing you health and happiness!

Vicky Hayes said...

Haha, sounds like Marvin thought he was getting an early Christmas present with that hat Chris! Your plan B is so impressive - what a brilliant result drawing your own dogs! I bet Watson's family were delighted with this personalised card. You have inspired me and I might take a deep breath and try something similar with a golden retriever image! Glad you are all on the mend now. Happy new year! Vicky x