Followers

Saturday 6 January 2024

Happy New Year


 Happy New Year everyone, I hope 2024 is off to good start for you...and continues that way!

Christmas went by in a bit of a blur here, we spent Christmas day with son and daughter, their partners and all my gorgeous granddaughters, such a happy day. Unfortunately I was still experiencing lingering effects of the Covid- no energy at all and no appetite! At least I didn't put on any weight, so every cloud. Beginning to have a bit more energy, thank goodness....but still no appetite yet.

This card is for our new challenge at Sweet Stampin', the theme for this fortnight is 'New', my 'new' is the stamp (Gothic Fairy -The Card Hut). I coloured the fairy with my markers added some stencilling and a stamped sentiment. 

While I'm here I'd like to say a big thank you for all the beautiful Christmas cards I received, I'm not sure if I've thanked everyone personally, as I said I was living in a bit of a blur.... but I love them all and they were very much admired by friends and family.


Please check out the fabulous creations from the rest of the Sweeties over at the Sweet Stampin' - we'd love to have you join us for our first challenge of the new year.

Thanks for visiting

I'll be back later today with another DT make.

Chris

x

Challenge entries

CRAFT #703

kraftychicks #697

MAWTT #162 (new stamp)

I spy with my little eye #10

PFM #720 (new stamp)

classicdesign #12

daisychain #81

morgansartworld. #72





20 comments:

brenda said...

Gorgeous with a a magical feel Chris.

B x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

this is a fantastic card to start the year. I hope you will soon be feeling better and that 2024 if a healthy and happy one.
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Janette said...

Another gorgeous card, love the image and the stencil corner is a sweet touch.
Hope your soon back to normal, whatever that is for you. xxx

meg said...

Hope you feel much better soon Chris,love your Gothic fairy

SarahR said...

Hi Chris, I bet you're wondering who I am!! I am very sorry for not having been here to comment on all your wonderful cards for so very long - but a New Year a new me, I'm determined to do better!

This is a fabulous card and I've got that image, yet to colour it - but got it I have. It was meant for TTT's birthday but I got distracted by a different one. You've coloured it wonderfully - love your colour choice - and the whole Clean and Simple card is fabulous!

Hope you are fully recovered soon and I wish I'd managed to avoid the old weight going up over Christmas!!

Best wishes for a fabulous 2024!
Sarah

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card and image,beautifully coloured and love the stencilled corner.Hope you feel better soon.
Carol x

Lisa said...

Oh how I love this image so much! Reminds me of my son's new girl friend and I bet she would love this too. Great coloring.

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely gorgeous creation Chris that image and the colour is amazing and vibrant I love the bit of stenciling at the top
hugs
lorraine x

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous image and coloured beautifully Chris. Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better and hope 2024 is a fabulous one for you and love to see all you cards..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Liz said...

Fabulous, magical card, Chris.
Sorry to hear you’ve been unwell. I hope you’ll soon be fully recovered. xx

Linda Mc Enery said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you're battling with your health. I once popped out a disk in my back on Christmas eve. I was in excruciating pain on Christmas day, and the day only got worse. One of our guests fell down the stairs and broke her leg! There wasn't much celebrating going on in our house after that!
Your image is gorgeous and you've masterfully filled your empty spaces, to produce a perfect clean and simple card. Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
Linda

Marlene Atkinson said...

A very cute card. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers. Marlene DT

Ellibelle said...

A wonderful magical card, Chris. Love the fairy! Glad you got to spend the holidays with your kids and grandkids but sorry to hear you were sick. Our family also dealt with Covid during Christmas. Never a good time to be sick but it surely was annoying to be sick during the holidays!!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at I spy with my little eye!

pinky said...

I unfortunately did put on some weight lol but enjoyed every minute of it. Now having to work hard to get it off again!! I hope your energy levels come back soon. It took me and hubby about a month and a half before we felt any change sadly. But back to normal now. I love your card. Not sure what she is thinking about though lol. What a lovely selection of cards you received!!

The Crafty Den said...

What a fab CAS card Chris. I love the funky image and your colouring is fantastic. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers challenge. Hugs, Denise x
p.s. hope you are feeling back to normal very soon x

Lori Turner said...

Very pretty card, Chris! Hope you're feeling better soon xoxox Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge

Jenny L said...

Hi Chris,
so sorry to hear you had Covid before Christmas and it was still affecting you at Christmas.
I do so hope you are feeling much better now.
I love your wonderful card and the new stamp used.
The colouring as always is fantastic.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L DT

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Chris. Smashing card. Hope you feel better soon. Thanks for joining in at MAWTT.😊

Pamela Duncan said...

Love the fairy! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
~ Pam CT

Judy V said...

Beautiful coloring on this CAS card! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld.
~ Judy CT