Followers

Wednesday 31 January 2024

Hello Baby Boy


Good morning, once again it's time for a new challenge at Fab'n' Funky, can't believe how fast that fortnight went! I like that January is all but over and spring a little closer!

This fortnight our lovely Sue is hosting and she chose the theme of  

New Beginnings.

I made a card for a baby boy- always like to have a couple of new baby cards in my stash, they usually disappear in the direction of my daughter or daughter in law who often want them for friends or colleagues.

The image is a sweet digi from LOTV, coloured with markers and fussy cut.  The background panel is embossed with tiny stars and I die cut a frame from the same card and coloured it with a blue marker. The 'BOY' was cut using my old Cricut machine (the type you put cartridges into) , The smaller letters and the train also cut from white card and coloured with same blue marker. It looked a bit boring so I added dots with a white gel pen to jazz it up a bit.

Lots of inspiration from my lovely teamies over at Fab'n' Funky  so please do hop over for a look!

Thanks for visiting

Chris

x

Challenge entries:

cutiepie #190

worldwidecrafters #1

avenue613 # Jan 2024

dragonflydreams #Jan 2024


18 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fabulous baby boy card Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Janette said...

Morning Chris, what an adorable card, the image is so sweet and I love the train passing under the 'O', lovely touch. xx

coldwaters2 said...

B is for Beautiful and this is what this creation is Chris it is fantastic I love the embossed paper and the spotty border as well as the big lettering, train and finally the most adorable image a superb make
hugs
lorraine x

brenda said...

A really lovely card as always Chris.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful baby card,love the cute image and little train set.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams
Carol DT x

Liz said...

Fabulous baby card Chris, I love how the cute image is sitting on the letters. It’s ages still I got my old Cricut out, I never think to use it for large letters. Thanks for the inspiration. I used to use it all the time for classroom displays. xx

Bernadet said...

Fantastic card for a baby boy Chris!
Such a sweet digi, love the embossed background.

Jenny L said...

Hi Chris,
oh I love this wonderful card and your stunning design too.
Love every thing used on this.
I used to have one of those Cricut machines and loved it, but gave it away when I had my Brother Scan and Cut.
BIG BIG MISTAKE. Much better than the Scan and Cut.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Chrissy said...

Aww, beautiful Baby boy card Chris and such a fabulous design and adorable image coloured beautifully as always and of course the dots, love the white dots...

Luv CHRISSYxx

chrissy xx said...

Awhh! such a sweetie.
GORgeous design Chris. LOving all these cute embellishments.
Chrissyxx

ScrappyHorses said...

How adorable is this card with the train chugging along through the 'o'! So cute! Great embossing and colors! Thank you for sharing with us over at Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge.
Katrina DT

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE the design here, it's just beautiful. Great make and lovely concept xx

Buffy said...

Adorable new born card.
Hugs Buf x

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness this is one adorable baby boy card. I love the image and the great die cuts you paired with it.

Pat said...

Beautiful Baby Boy card Chris, love your cute image and your die cuts.

Pat xx

Linby said...

oh it's so very sweet!

Ginny said...

simply gorgeous, LOVE how you did the sentiment :)

pinky said...

That is perfectly adorable. I love that wee image and have used it loads myself but love how you die cut the word and thread the train through. Genius!