Followers

Saturday 17 February 2024

Always look on the bright side...


 Good morning and happy weekend. 
The theme for this fortnight's challenge at Sweet Stampin' is 
ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE
which immediately made me think of my middle  sister.
She is amazing and really truly does always look on the bright side despite always being in constant pain from her RA.  She is totally bonkers, always cheerful and lights up the room when she enters it.
I made this card for her birthday next week, yes two sisters and two birthdays on consecutive days!
There are 3 years between us so we grew up together, this cute Mo Manning image made me think of us- many many years ago (on a good day when we weren't squabbling as sisters do!!!)
I printed the image and coloured it with my markers, then decided to use the swirly stencil to colour the background. With some trepidation I masked the image with Frisk Artists' Blue Mask, a new acquisition. I've not had a lot of luck with removing masking fluids in the past and I'd already coloured the image.
I sponged the yellow DI onto card panel then applied the bright pink through the stencil, then held my breath and removed the masking fluid- so happy when it all came off easily! 
I wanted the diamond shape frame around the image- so I used two frame dies to cut a square then tilted it on end- a bit of fiddly cutting with a craft knife to insert  frame behind their feet. With hindsight it would have been easier to draw the frame and colour it black but I didn't think of that! I stamped the sentiments before adding the frame, slightly misjudging the space I had! I added another black frame, some narrow black ribbon and a couple of little gems before matting onto black card and the card base.

I used this sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday

Thanks for visiting today, if you want some inspiration to brighten up your day please head over to the challenge blog to see what my lovely teamies have created.
Have a good weekend
Chris
x

Challenge entries
sweetsketchwednesday Feb. Challenge
stencilfun February (atg option)



18 comments:

brenda said...

It's so bright and happy too brighten another dull wet morning (yep sixteen muddy paws), sounds perfect for the Sister you describe.

B x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

WOW both sisters birthday this week hope they have a good one. You sister sounds amazing. I am sure she will love the fantastic card.
Have a lovely weekend
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous bright cheerful card and brilliant masking-sounds perfect for your sister who sounds amazing.
Carol x

Lisa said...

This is a great happy image. Love the cheery colors you used too. A great card for your sister.

meg said...

A brilliant bright cheerful card with a wonderful image

Janette said...

What a fabulous card, the image is just gorgeous Chris and I love the whole design.
I have used masking fluid years ago but it never did turn out well, maybe its new and improved, looks great anyway. xx

coldwaters2 said...

Chris this is brilliant it looks fantastic full of delicious vibrant colour that image is gorgeous they look so happy being together that swirl background and the frame is excellent a top notch bit of crafting
hugs
lolo x

Pat said...

What a great card Chris, definitely bright and cheerful with a great image. I am sure your sister will love it. Enjoy your weekend.

Pat xx

anne said...

This is such a fabulous card Chris, so joyful and a lovely take on the sketch. Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.
Anne SSW2-DT

Chrissy said...

Fabulous fun image and colouring Chris and great masking, love the background and diamond frames, gorgeous card..I had 2 brothers born on the same day and month but 4 years apart..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Liz said...

Brilliant card, Chris. It sounds like it will be perfect for your sister.
Liz xx

chrissy xx said...

Made me smile as soon as I saw this image.
FABulous colours and design Chris..
Chrissyxx

pinky said...

It looks so bright and cheerful and full of fun Chris. Well done with the masking fluid. I have a bottle somewhere which is probably well hidden so I don't get big ideas lol.

Kathie said...

Chris this is a lovely card. Such a great image to bring back so many childhood memories. I absolutely adore your brightly coloured background. It just makes you feel happy and joyful just like your sister. This is a great card, thanks for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT


Donna Walls said...

Mo Manning has the sweetest images and this one is no exception. Great coloring too! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge. We hope you'll share again soon.
Donna xx
Inspiration Station Challenge
Paper Funday Challenges
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Darlene said...

OMG ... how cute this is!!! Love your background and these girls are just adorable! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

stampinwithanita said...

Your sister will love this card! Mo Manning has the best images, too! Masking fluid works so well on good paper. Just don't let it dry for days...just my opinion. Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge this month.

Gail Hutchinson said...

Chris, what a gorgeous card. I love Mo's images and you have done a wonderful job of this one. Thank you for sharing with us over at Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge.
Gail DT