Followers

Wednesday 24 April 2024

Embossing


Good morning,  a new challenge begins today at Fab'n' Funky.
The theme chosen by our lovely N-Eva is
 EMBOSSING- WET or DRY.
I haven't used my Lavinia stamps for a while so I thought it was time to give them an airing. I stamped some leaves across the top of a square of white card using Versamark ink and then embossed with white EP, then did the same along the bottom edge using a buttercup stamp. I sponged Distress inks in shades of red, orange and purple around the edges of the square fading out towards the centre which is lightly sponged in yellow. I stamped more leaves and some grasses using purple Versafine Clair and the fairy image in black, her wings are coloured with Distress Ink , details and highlights added with sparkle and white gel pens. A stamped sentiment (also Lavinia) and a few clear gems to finish.

For more inspiration please check out the Challenge blog, as always the ladies have produced some fabulous cards.
Thanks for visiting.
Chris
x

Challenge entries:
avenue613 April Challenge





21 comments:

meg said...

Absolutely stunning Chris

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Love this fabulous colours and a beautiful card Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

brenda said...

Love you choice of colours and subtle blending Chris, very magical.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and stamps,love the inky background.
Carol x

Sue said...

Really stunning Chris the colours are gorgeous! hugs x

Janette said...

Sorry I haven't been around Chris, I have explained myself on my blog Hahaha.
This is a beautiful card, really stunning shading and the sweet stamps are perfect for this delightful scene. xx

Pat said...

Fabulous card Chris, the background colour is beautiful as is all your gorgeous stamping and embossing around the edges finishing with a lovely fairy image a really stunning make.

Pat xx

chrissy xx said...

Such a FABulous scene Chris.
GORgeous colours and design too.
Chrissyxx

pinky said...

Wow Chris that is absolutely stunning! I am loving your gorgeous colour choices!

Jenny L said...

Hi Chris,
oh this is an amazing card and your inking and stamping is gorgeous and so superb.
Just love the colours used such a very stunning card.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

coldwaters2 said...

This is one very beautiful creation Chris it deserves a WOW the scene, colours and embossing are just pure magic
hugs
lolo x

Maryann scrapbooking said...

Magnifique création féerique.
Les couleurs sont fascinantes.
MaryannG

Judy V said...

Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our April challenge!

Ginny said...

truly beautiful xx

Lisa said...

Your card is a beautiful showcase of Lavinia stamps, with the leaves and fairy bringing a magical touch to the design. The blend of colors and careful detailing, from the sponged Distress inks to the added highlights, creates a stunning and enchanting scene. It's lovely to see these stamps getting the spotlight they deserve!

Chrissy said...

Such a fabulous background using the colours Chris, the stamped fairy is beautiful I love the hanging leaves and the grass, just gorgeous..

luv CHRISSYxx

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Just beautiful Thanks for sharing over at 613 Avenue Create this month, hope to see you in future challenges.
Elaine DT

KraftiKards (my blog)
613 Avenue Create DT
Peace on Earth Christmas DT
Simply Clean and Simple DT

Deanne Saunders said...

Gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for participating in my PINSPIRATIONAL challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

aussie aNNie said...

It's a beautiful creation and so effective in colour and design x

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful!! Thanks so much for participating in our 613 AVENUE CREATE challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Curly said...

Wow this is a show stopper, I love it x