Followers

Friday 19 April 2024

For a boy...


 Morning all, hope you've had a good week. It's been busy here as Hubby has been away for a few days- a little jolly with his besties! So  apart from the day my friend stayed over I've been home alone...with Marvin! He was such a good boy, he did sulk a bit and lurked around by the front door for most of the first day, but after that he decided that I needed to be protected and didn't leave my side, he even slept in my bedroom, which he never does normally. We were up and out early as that's his normal routine (not as early as my husband takes him...but he's an alien and gets up at the crack of dawn- I am definitely not a morning person but it didn't seem fair to make Marvin wait for too long! I've lost count of the number of times I've walked around the woods with him but it was a pleasure, everything is so beautiful just now, lovely fresh new leaves and plenty of bluebells. As a bonus we didn't get wet once- so lucky!

Now onto my card- it's my DT make for this fortnight's challenge over at Crafty Catz, no sponsor and no prizes this time, but you could be one of Top 3 and win a fabulous badge for your blog!

Rhoda is hosting and has picked the optional twist of 'For A Boy'

I made this card for my teenage nephew, it was so quick and easy to make as there's no image or colouring...or even any stamping,. I used a brick wall EF on the white panel and flicked a little ink on it,  apart from that it's all die cuts.

Thanks for visiting today, have a great weekend

Chris

x

Challenge entries:

lilredwagon #752

unicorn #97

classicdesign #04

pearlysparkles #94

dragonflydreams -use a die

craftrocket #113

themaleroom



21 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

This is a stunning card design ♥
Have a lovely weekend
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Chrissy said...

Fantastic card Chris, love the die cuts and colours, very effective..hope the alien..err..your hubby, had a nice time away, and so glad you were there to protect Marvin..

luv CHRISSYxx

Linby said...

You've pulled together all the different elements to make a fantastic card.

meg said...

Brilliant use of diecuts to create a fabulous masculine card Chris

crafty-stamper said...

Great masculine card,love the embossed background and all the dies.
Carol x

tilly said...

a great card for a teenager, lots of lovely die cuts, it's brilliant. Pleased Marvin has been good for you lol xx

Lisa said...

It sounds like you had quite the adventure with Marvin while your husband was away! It's heartwarming to hear how protective and attentive he was during your time alone. Your card for Crafty Catz's challenge is fantastic; the textured brick wall and subtle ink flicks add a wonderful dimension, making it perfect for a teenage boy.

brenda said...

Great design and perfect masculine card Chris.

B x

Mary Marsh said...

This is a great card for a boy. Loved reading how your dog was in protect mode while hubby was gone.

Bernadet said...

Fantastic though card Chris!
Love the dies and the colours you've used.
Quality time then with Marvin!

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant card for a male Chris love the stars and sentiment love it
hugs
lolo x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

A fantastic card, I love all those layers and wonderful textures and I'm sure that your nephew loved it too. I love the bluebell walk through the woods too, such a beautiful sight Michelle x

chrissy xx said...

GORgeous!
I LOve your colours and FAB design Chris.
Finger crossed I think today might, just might be rain free for the first
time in a long time lol. Fingers crossed x
Chrissyxx

Pat said...

Great card for a teenager Chris, sounds quick and easy. Sounds like Marvin was a good guard dog looking after you. Enjoy your Sunday.

Pat xx

Fiona said...

Love the dramatic colours of this - such a great card for a boy. I'm guess Marvin is your dog? lol - he seems a great boy looking out for you. Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Your card is great Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly dreams

Zo een leuke kaart, tof gedaan. Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Dagronfly dreams
Creatieve Groetjes Claudia

Mijn FB groep: Claudia's Kaartjes
You tube:Claudia's Kaartjes
Blog:Claudia's Kaartjes
Challenge blogs:
Girlz Creative Christmas 
Girlz makes Guyz Cards
Girlz creative crafts
Creative sketchy girls

Sue said...

Fabulous card for a boy Chris and sounds like you've had fun with Marvin..Bertie snuck into our bedroom last night and didn't want to leave Lol he looked so comfy all snuggled up but I woke up this morning to have a hairy bum in my face!!! huggles Suex

Brenda said...

Chris, this is such a great design! I love all the dies you have used and the colors are perfect, great for a male or anyone. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Little Red Wagon Challenge!

Janette said...

Gorgeous card Chris, I love this sort of design it looks fabulous.
Sounds lie you and Marvin had a good weekend. xx

pinky said...

What a perfect card for a teen boy, he will love it! Marvin sounds like he deserves an extra treat for looking after you so well Chris!!

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful card! You incorporated embossing technique very nicely. Thanks for playing at The Male Room challange.