Followers

Wednesday 8 March 2023

Art Deco style


 Good morning, this fortnight's challenge at Fab'n' Funky starts today, Buffy is hosting and has picked the theme of Retro or Vintage. I made an art deco style card using a lovely digi from the Paper Shelter, which I've coloured with markers and fussy cut. Using nesting dies I die cut a panel of white card and used two different stencils and black ink to create the background, then mounted it onto a panel cut from rose gold glitter card. I needed something for the corners of the black panel, didn't have a suitable die so I cut some thin strips from the glitter card which I think work quite well with the design. 

Thanks for visiting- now please hop over to the challenge blog to check out the fabulous inspiration from my lovely teamies and to enter your own wonderful creations.

Chris

x

Challenge entries :

stencilfun- March (atg)

allsorts #718 (atg)

creativefingers #249

creativecrafters #61

craftrocket #101

Gem Challenge #5


17 comments:

meg said...

A stunning elegant card Chris,your choice of colours and layout beautiful

Janette said...

Really beautiful card Chris, I love the way you framed the image, its just beautiful.xx

Aunty Sue said...

Fab card and love the folds in her dress wow thats alot of cutting but worth it.

brenda said...

Gorgeous Chris, do like the Art Deco style and everything compliments one another perfectly.

B x

Mrs A. said...

I do like Art Deco. Your card is fabulous. Great idea to use the strips to create the deco corners. I have an image that would be good to use so will try to enter. Hugs Mrs A.

Pat said...

Fabulous casrd Chris, love your Art Deco design and your colouring, as always, is awesome.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and Vintage image,love the sparkle and the corners you made are perfect
Carol x

Bernadet said...

Fantastic card Chris~
Love the colours.

Pat K said...

Gorgeous vintage card Chris, beautifully coloured image and I love the wonderful background...perfect. xx

Diane said...

Creatively fabulous and fun!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}
{Triple B} NEW March 3rd

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Chris and I love your pretty image and the rose gold corners are perfect..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Liz said...

Great card Chris, very stylish. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week. Good luck!
Liz xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

That little lady is just fabulous! What an awesome image and beautifully colored! Stunning card.

Mervi said...

Lovely and feminine card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! Wish I still looked like that, and could wear those types of shoes! Remember the mini's and then the maxi's? I loved them both! Not to mention the "don't button all the way up skirts" LOL The deco die cuts and classic black and white really make your card lively and beautiful! So glad you liked my freebies. It's been a while since I had made some.
huggers,
de

Lisa said...

Love this wonderful image and your layout and papers is fantastic with it.

pinky said...

Beautiful art deco style, so elegant, striking and pretty!