Followers

Saturday 4 March 2023

For a special woman at Sweet Stampin' Challenge


Morning all, this fortnight's challenge over at Sweet Stampin' is to create something for a special woman, of course it could be a Mother's Day card- no one is more special than your Mum, but it can be for any woman you want to celebrate- and it doesn't have to be a card as long as there is some stamping included. If you hop over to the challenge blog you'll find plenty of inspiration from my lovely teamies.
It was both my sisters' birthdays last week- yes both in the same week and on consecutive days! 
This is the card I made for 'middle sister' - the crazy one! She's brilliant, always cheerful and fun and one of the most caring people I know despite often being in severe pain, she's suffered with Rheumatoid Arthritis since early childhood and has limited mobility- but it doesn't stop her making the most of life, and you can't help smiling when she's around! 
Her favourite tipple is gin -hence the card!
The gin glass and lemon slices were magazine freebie stamps, they stamp beautifully unlike some of the freebies you get! The sentiments inside are Creative Expressions and I used various alphabet stamps to create the sentiment on the front.
Challenge entries:

While I'm here, this is the card I made 'little sister'- the baby of the family- she's only 4 years older than my daughter, so I guess I've always treated her more like my child than my sister! There's no stamping at all on this card- The images (love them-so fun and quirky!) are from Elena Zinski Art, and I used the pre-coloured versions. The sentiments are computer generated.


Thanks for visiting- I'll be back later today!
Chris
x

Challenge entries:

 

9 comments:

meg said...

Chris,both of your cards made me smile,love the gin images and sentiments,this would be perfect for my son's gin living girlfriend, the quirky images and fun sentiments on the card for your younger sister are absolutely brilliant

Janette said...

Hi Chris, both your cards are wonderful, love the background on the first one and the fold looks great. The other one has to be my favourite, its just makes me laugh I bet your sister loved it.xx

crafty-stamper said...

Both fabulous cards,love the Gin card fold and the quirky images on the second one-my favourite
Carol x

Lisa said...

Super fold and I love the fun sentiment on the Want Some Gin. That could make anyone smile.

brenda said...

Two fabulous cards for what sounds like two fabulous Sisters Chris, the gin one with the panels is perfect for her, the one for your youngest Sister is just such fun.

B x

Aunty Sue said...

2 great fun cards and i am sure sister will love it.

pinky said...

I am sure both sisters will be equally happy with these gorgeous cards Chris. They both sound like characters so I wonder what you are really like when let loose lol.

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Most wonderful cards! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this past week for our Stamp Act theme :) Hope you join us again soon.
Diane - DT

Andree said...

A super (birthday) celebration card. The blended colours and design are wonderful.
Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore March Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x