Followers

Saturday 18 March 2023

Go for green


 Good morning, here I am, a day later than planned with my DT card for this week's challenge at Crafty Catz
Our sponsor this time is LeAnns World 101
 it's my turn to host and pick the optional twist which is 'Go for Green' in honour of St Patrick's Day and because it's my favourite colour.
The team were given some cute images to use, I chose Tavi, such a cute little dragon. I made an aperture card using a scalloped die to cut the centre of my dark green card panel, using the same die set in a larger size I cut the green dp, stuck them together and, using foam tape, placed them over the cloud patterned dp. 
 The little dragon is coloured with markers and fussy cut,  I gave him a little cloud to sit on cut from the cloud patterned dp, doesn't show in the photo but it has a lovely sparkle. I added the stamped
 sentiment , a die cut swirl for his fiery breath and some bling.

It's been a busy week for me- a last minute trip to London on Wednesday with my lovely daughter to see a hastily booked show- Moulin Rouge- it was brilliant! 
Unfortunately we hadn't realised until after the train and theatre tickets were booked that there was a Tube strike so a lot of walking required- hopeless trying to get a taxi and buses were full but we're an intrepid pair and it didn't spoil the day at all- in fact I enjoyed the walk- so much to see enroute and the sun was shining. 
I was so tired when we got home, I had an early night and slept for 11 hours but what a lovely day we had.
Yesterday I decided to clean out the toy cupboard in my spare bedroom and turf out the toys that my granddaughters have outgrown so that I could actually close the doors without breaking into a sweat trying to stop everything falling out! which led to me moving onto the wardrobe in there.... why on earth did I keep so many clothes that I even if I could squish myself into them they're not the kind of thing I wear now that I'm retired or too dated! 
In the midst of this mayhem my sister and BIL turned up unexpectedly, which was a lovely surprise and the reason this post didn't get done yesterday.
Anyway, there is still plenty of time to enter the challenge- anything goes as always, you don't have to use green if you prefer not. just click here to pop over to Crafty Catz, enjoy the lovely creations from the rest of the team and add your own fabulous work.
Thanks for visiting and have a lovely weekend- Happy Mothers Day to those who are celebrating
Chris
xx

Challenge entries:

colorfuloptions March Challenge

20 comments:

meg said...

An absolutely adorable image and fun card

chrissy xx said...

What a sweetie! LOve your colours and design Chris.
Yikes! You have been busy. So nice to have last minute surprises and lovely to spend time alone with your Daughter.
Chrissyxx

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh this dragon is so adorable and I love the fabulous fire you added too.

Janette said...

Oh my word Chris sounds like you had a wonderful time, and isn't it so typical that when you get down to having a good old sort out family turns up hahaha.
Your card is so cute, love that sweet image.xx

brenda said...

He's a real cute Dragon and great thinking outside the box to create the 'fire'. Pleased you enjoyed your theatre trip despite strikes.

Your not alone in keeping toys, we still have boxes of lego from tour own boys.

B x

Aunty Sue said...

Oh gosh Chris I am tired reading this you did pack alot in. Yesterday i did a trip to ikea omg now i remember why I dont go no short cuts and only went for few bits. Love your card and he is so cute . Hope you get to put your feet un this weekend

tilly said...

I love this cute little dragon, what a busy time you have had, but the theatre sounds lovely. I loose track of the toys I have here and need a good sort out, any offers to do it for me ?? xx

Pat said...

What a cute little dragon Chris and lovely card design. You have had as busy week, glad you had a good day in London with your daughter and that you enjoyed the show. Enjoy your weekend.

Pat xx

Chrissy said...

Crickey, I'm exhausted just reading about your adventures Chris, what a fabulous fun filled time you have had, I LOVE to clean out wardrobes and cupboards and off to a show in July which I'm looking forward to, Meanwhile that little Dragon is calling me to look again so I did, and he is so delightful sitting up there on his cloud, gorgeous card..

luv CHRISSYxx

Bernadet said...

What a fantastic card Chris.
Love the sweet little dragon.
You went to Moulin Rouge, how great!

Makira said...

💚🐲💚this!! I saw this on Critter Crazy Challenge and came by for a closer look. I host a new challenge, Park Hopping My Happy Place Challenge. It is anything goes inspired by a theme park. Your card reminds me of the Dragon roller coaster at Legoland, Winter Haven, FL, USA. I hope you'll join the fun! Have a creative week. Join at https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/ . Cheers, Makira

pinky said...

I absolutely love your fiery dragon, such a great idea to add the scroll for his fire! You have been busy alright and isn't it always the way when you're busy someone pops by and when your sitting bored not a sinner in sight lol. Hope you have had a lovely Mother's Days. Your trip to London sounds perfect!!

Curly said...

This is so whimsical, I love it. Its lovely to walk sometimes isn't it, so much of life passes by, it lovely to just slow down and enjoy, I bet Moulin Rouge was amazing.
Have a lovely week
Hugs Bridget xx

Deanne Saunders said...

Sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LEANN'S WORLD 101 challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

aussie aNNie said...

This is so lovely and love the design and stunning colours .xx

Pat K said...

Adorable dragon on this lovely green card Chris. And what a trouper you are...well done on your "walk" thru London but also your clear out. You might just have inspired me. hugs, xx

Granmargaret said...

Lovely cute card. Thank you for joining the challenge at My Time to Craft and Critter Crazy. Hope to see you again.

Donna Ellis said...

Such fun sweetness, Chris! Loving the paper behind your "aperture" and the little cloud your baby dragon is riding on. Beautiful card! hugs, de

Judy McKay said...

Lovely card! Great birthday card, perfect for a little one. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Catie Cuddles said...

Oh this is sooooooo cute!
Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT