Followers

Wednesday 29 March 2023

Rain....



 Haven't we had a lot of rain??!! We seem to get the odd dry day- with sunshine if we're lucky...then the rain comes back - with a vengeance! I seem to spend my life washing muddy towels and leads- just get them clean and dry- and lo the basket is full of Marvin's muddy stuff again! 

It's been so dismal outside I've been in the craftroom a fair bit- I tried to make some Christmas cards but seem to have a mental block at the moment- everything ended up in the bin. I watched some online videos, mainly ideas for using stencils and picked up some great tips and techniques that I wanted to try, so I've been playing with inks, stencils and stamps and made several cards that I'll maybe get around to sharing one day! 

In one tutorial I watched, it was a Lavinia Stamps one by the brilliant Jo Rice, she used chalk-pastel pencils along with her inks to add highlights to her stamps- so effective and lovely. Remembering I had a tin of these, a gift from my daughter in law that I'd never used, I thought I'd try it. I wanted a large raindrop, didn't have a stencil so used a piece of card to make one... just folded card in half and drew a half teardrop shape on the crease, then cut it out- not a perfect shape by any means but I think you can see what it is (or does it look more like a lightbulb???). I blended some blue/grey ink through the aperture and them made a couple of smaller stencils and did the same with them. I wanted a rainbow reflection in the drops so this is where I used the chalk pencils, they smudge together so easily! I stamped my image (Inkylicious)  and sentiment (Visible Image) added it to the frame, finished.

I enjoyed making it and like the result even though the raindrop shapes are bit dodgy and I definitely need to practice using the chalk pastels!

Thanks for visiting 

Chris

x


Challenge entries:

allsorts #721 rain

stencilfun # March

simonsaysstamp stencil it

dragonflydreams outdoors

kraftychicks #656





19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris it’s Janette here just in case blogger isn’t recognising me again. Right then. Your card is brilliant. I just love using chalks even more than inks and you can’t go wrong with Jo. What a stunning scene you created I love it xxx

meg said...

Love your raindrops Chris the rainbows are brilliant,a gorgeous card.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card -the raindrop looks brilliant and love the silhouette stamp
Carol x

Dena J said...

How clever to use the silhouette inside the large raindrop! It's a marvelous take on the Rain theme. Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge.

Sarah said...

Wow, I think you have been incredibly creative and your raindrops look fabulous! Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah DT

Mervi said...

Stunning card, just perfect for our theme " Rain".
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fantastic card Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Babs said...

Your card is absolutely Beautiful Chris love your raindrop it’s very appropriate for this strange weather we’re having. Hope you’re keeping well.
Babs x

brenda said...

What a fab take our our Rain option Chris ands yes it's very fitting this week as well. Love how you created thew raindrops and added the colour hues and a great silhouette image as well.

Identify with the muddy towels etc., last evening we had a mud coloured yellow lab, Rose went out to play with cousin Evie (daughter Joy's two year old black lab) and looks like Rosa spent most of the time being rolled, I was still pulling clumps of mud off at bedtime.

B x

brenda said...

As per usual I got carried away with my waffle and forgot to thank you for joining in at Allsorts.

B x

Diane said...

Beautiful and so creatively awesome!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

crafty-stamper said...

Hi Chris just popping back to say ---Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams
Carol x

Bernadet said...

Fantastic card Chris.
Love all the raindrops on it. Great done!

Liz said...

Fabulous card Chris, a wonderful design. xx

Chrissy said...

Definitely rain drops Chris and so beautiful with the rainbow colours inside and the happy image dancing in the rain,and I love the framed layers, gorgeous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Mrs A. said...

I am definitely with you on all the rain we have been getting. Hubby kindly informed me that it is going to rain for the next 48 hours and right on queue it starting teeming down and is still going strong. I spend hours just looking at You Tube videos and making copious lists of ones that I need to go back to. Not much else to do right now but craft. Love this card you have created here. Hugs Mrs A.

Christine Nandrup said...

This was such a cool card. love it.

Lisa said...

Gorgeous rain drops and super silhouette to add to them.

pinky said...

Wow you are so talented Chris and yes it definitely looks like a tear drop. It's absolutely wonderful!