Followers

Saturday 7 October 2023

A bit batty!


 

Good morning, it's time for our October Challenge over at Crafty Calendar, we're sponsored this month by the fabulous Sheepski Designs and there is a theme to follow- Autumn Colours or Halloween. I went with the Halloween theme because I wanted to use this cute sponsor digi I was lucky enough to win some time ago, it's called 'Bit Batty', hence the title of the post- I was not referring to myself.... 

I printed the image and coloured it with markers, then masked off a large circle for the moon. I attempted to colour the moon and sky with markers and made a right old mess of it! So I started again using Distress inks, added a few whit splats for stars, I.was much happier with this and to save colouring the image again I cut out the original one and stuck it on top! 

There's some lovely inspiration from the rest of the DT over at Crafty Calendar so head on over for a Halloween (or Autumn) treat.

Thanks for visiting

Happy Weekend.

Chris

x

Challenge entries:

craftrocket #108

throughthepurplehaze #209

alohafriday #3

mostmagicaltimeoftheyear #13

dreamvalley #301

sheepski #79

twooldbats October challenge


25 comments:

meg said...

Your background is amazing Chris,love your choice of colours,it's perfect to showcase those sleepy bats

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card hugs Ginny x

Anonymous said...

AsUdorodos

pinky said...

You are so clever Chris, this is just gorgeous and so so spooky. I am loving that background!!

Pat said...

This looks great Chris, the background is fabulous love the colours and a great bat image, definitely spooky.

Pat xx

brenda said...

As the others have said the colours and background are great, just the right amount of Halloween but not too scary.

B x

B x

chrissy xx said...

A FABulous scene Chris. LOve your colours.
These little critters are a bit to cute to spook!
Chrissyxx

Liz said...

Brilliant card Chris, your sky is just amazing. xx

coldwaters2 said...

Fangtastic Halloween card Chris love those bats and the sky is brilliant
hugs
lorraine x

aussie aNNie said...

A fantastic card, such a lot of awesome colours too xx

Janette said...

Brilliant card, it has so much atmosphere and I do love the image, it looks wonderful Chris. xx

Chrissy said...

Fantastic background inking Chris, that moon and the shading is fantastic and I love the bats, brilliant colouring and Halloween card....

luv CHRISSYxx

Chrissy said...

Do want to let you know I have lost my blog and going to have to restart over and make a new one..hopefully keep the name pretty similar..

luv CHRISSYxx

Anonymous said...

So pretty! I love your background!
Thank you for playing along with us at Aloha Friday Challenge!
Caroline, dt Aloha Friday Challenge

Tee said...

Beautiful background, SPOOKtacular card!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wow! Chris, the glow on that moon is sensational! What an incredible ink job hun, I LOVE this to bits! Perfect spot for those cute batties to curl up! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Pat K said...

Your inked moon is fabulous Chris. A wonderful spooky card. xx

Diane said...

WOW, what an awesome card, so creative and full of spooky goodness!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Two Old Bats!
Diane TOB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Two Old Bats}

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Chris thank you for your comment on my Teddy Bo In Pink card I saw that you mentioned that they are no longer available but they are back and available if you want the link I will try and get it for you
hugs
lorraine x

Wendy said...

Absolutely fabulous Chris x

Curly said...

Hiya Chris this is awesome, its cute and spooky and the background is brilliant, i love how you have reflected the colours of the sky onto the moon it really sets of those super cute bats,
Have a lovely Day
Hugs Bridget xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Chris I am so sorry she was up and selling now she has closed down again apparently she is like that I am not sure if she can make up her mind
hugs
Lorraine x

Bernadet said...

Brilliant card Chris!!
Love the digi and the background is just fab!

N-Eva said...

Your card is so cute. Love the colors and great coloring. It's really sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges .Neva

Vickie Y said...

Love these spooky little bats! Thank you for sharing with us at Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge.