Followers

Friday 13 October 2023

Monochrome roses


 Good morning, a definite feel of autumn here now- our lovely warm, dry spell has come to an end- yesterday it rained all day- still not cold though, just not warm enough to sit outside any more, I can promise you I made the most of it while it lasted, a real bonus in October.

Today see's the start of a new challenge at Crafty Catz, sponsored this week by 




Prize - 2 images from store


Our lovely host this week is Ginny and her optional theme is MONOCHROME- one of my favourites! 

The team were given some lovely sponsor images to use, I chose Roses
I printed the digi onto a scrap of DP that had a watercolour effect to it, then added shading with Copic markers. 
I cut the image out and added it to the previously made background which is  distress inks blended onto white card, a little subtle stencilling using a chicken wire stencil and some stamped bookprint. I flicked some gold colour glimmer spray over the top of the completed panel, I've given up trying to unblock the spray nozzle so  I used a paintbrush to flick it on with!
Hop over to Crafty Catz to check out the inspiration from my lovely teamies, then why not join in and share a beautiful creation of your own- remember the theme is an option- anything goes at Crafty Catz.
Thanks for visiting, have a lovely day.
Chris
x

Challenge entries:
alphabetchallenge -N for nature
MAWTT ~ October Challenge
tripleB October Challenge






21 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fabulous card love the frame
Have a lovely weekend Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Janette said...

A beautiful card Chris. Love the colour and the fussy cut image is stunning.
You have been so lucky with your weather, Yesterday here was so beautiful, it was really cold but sunny and a real Autumn day, today back to gloomy rain, I hate it.
Hope you have a lovely weekend. xx

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card and love the beautiful roses.I have a dozen Decoart sprays that no longer spray no matter what you do!
Carol x

tilly said...

a gorgeous background and your made the roses look like an Old English rose. A cold and wet day here, woolly blanket just gone on bed lol xx

chrissy xx said...

Just FABulous! A image for many occasions.
LOve your colours Chris.
Chrissyxx
We had a lovely dry day yesterday. We've had rain all night and all day! another flood warning in place until 8.00 pm tonight.

Chrissy said...

So very beautiful Chris, I love the background behind the roses, the colour, [ my favourite] the roses are coloured beautifully, and I love the gentle splattering in gold, such a gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Furrbster said...

This is beautiful and very reminiscent of the balmy days we had at the beginning of the week :)

Thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT,

Hugz Tinz

meg said...

A brilliant background Chris,the elements work perfectly together with the beautiful fussy cut roses

aussie aNNie said...

Such a fabulous mono card - perfect colouring and I love the way you have done the framing and background x

brenda said...

You've done a brilliant job colouring those Roses Chris, they look beautiful. Same rain here last two days and 5deg here this morning, real shock to the system.

B x

coldwaters2 said...

Wow this is so beautiful Chris that Rose image is stunning especially how you have coloured it and done the background this is a piece of art
hugs
lorraine x

Lisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! Love the image. Great monochromatic color too.

Debbie Mageed said...

What a pretty card, Chris! I love your beautiful flowers and the background was a perfect choice. Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

Wendy L said...

A really beautiful floral card, thanks for joining us at the MAWTT challenge xx

Wendy L said...

I'm back to thank you for joining in at the MTTC challenge with your gorgeous card, xxx

Curly said...

OMGosh this is so classy and serene, this belongs in a gallery, it an absolute work of art.
Have a wonderful week
Hugs Bridget :) x

pinky said...

Really pretty card. Love the yellows and the gorgeous frame you added to it Chris. We still have scaffolding in the back garden so feel like I have missed a lot of the summer this year unfortunately as it is parked in my sunny spot!

Laurie Unger said...

Love the added copic coloring to the digi image. Your background that you created is wonderful. Thanks for playing over at The Flower Challenge.

Ilonka said...

What a beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at LeAnn's World 101 Challenge Blog.
Hugs Ilonka DT

Stef Perry said...

Your roses are beautifully colored and your fussy cutting impressive! I too love monochromatic color schemes, and your yellows are like the last nod to warm weather as we in the northern hemisphere head into fall. Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous card with us at The Flower Challenge!

Billie A said...

Beautiful flowers and love the colors and so glad you shared over at Alphabet Challenge.