Followers

Wednesday 1 November 2023

A bit fishy...


 Good morning, the 1st of November, I'm sure that each year time flies by faster than it did the year before...probably a sign of my advanced age. 

My card today is for our new challenge at Fab'n' Funky, hosted this week by our lovely Sue. The theme she has chosen is 

MASCULINE.

I used a fun Mo Manning image, it was a  Patreon  freebie, don't think it's in the shop. I've coloured the Red Herring with markers and used a stencil for the background. The sentiment is composed with die cut letters (a Tim Holtz Sizzix strip die I've had for years.) This card was made for a good friend- he loves reading and detective novels.

As always there's some wonderful inspiration to be enjoyed over at Fab'n' Funky so please do stop by to see what my lovely teamies have created.

Thanks for visiting today

Chris

x

Challenge entries:

digichoosday. #42

mmmchallenge #212

crittercrazy #80

seizethebirthday #272 



18 comments:

Janette said...

I love it Chris, a fabulous image and love the play on words, sure your friend will appreciate it.
I agree, the months go far to quickly, its all very odd, it doesn't help when you think every day this week is Friday, hahaha...xxx

meg said...

A brilliant fun image and sentiment,perfect for someone who lives crime novels

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fabulous image and sentiment fanatic card Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

brenda said...

My Gran always said the older you get the faster the years go, I used to poo hoo the idea but goodness she was right, like you now sure where this year went.

A super card, great for a man and a hint of fun in there as well.

B x

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh, Goodness - that fishy detective is so fun! Love this for a fisherman in your life. I thought the years going by so fast was a sign of my age as well, but my young adult kids are saying the same thing. So, my theory is that we are all just too busy and need to slow down. Thank you for playing with us at the MMM Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

Pat K said...

Fabulous masculine card Chris....sure made me smile. Coloured beautifully and the background and sentiment finish it off. xx

coldwaters2 said...

LOL oh Chris what a fun card this is I think that image is brilliant a super make
hugs
lorraine x

Heather said...

Lol, what a fun image - a fish detective! Great sentiment to go with it, too - definitely a laugh! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

Linby said...

This is fabulous and so right for your friend too.

Sue said...

Great image and sentiment Chris! and great colouring too hope the weather isn't too bad down your way hugs x

Chrissy said...

He is awesome Chris and fabulous colouring and I love the sentiment, fabulous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Nancy said...

This card is just so fun and fabulous! It certainly put a smile on my face! That fish is hysterical! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Bernadet said...

What a fab fun card is this Chris!!
Love the fish!

Pat said...

Fabulous card Chris, love g#the image and the great sentiment, sounds like a perfect card for your friend.

Pat xx

chrissy xx said...

Such a fun image! Might just have to buy this one lol.
I've a couple of people would appreciate it.
Chrissyxx

Heather said...

What a fun card! Your stenciled background is perfect!! Thanks for playing with Critter Crazy Challenge.

pinky said...

That made me laugh out loud, brilliant sentiment for that perfect image.

shirley-bee said...

What a fun card, it put a smile on my face! The image is very eyecatching, and I love the sentiment. Thanks for playing with us at Seize The Birthday 🥳