Followers

Saturday 18 November 2023

It's getting closer...


 Good morning, I'm here today with a reminder that our November challenge at 
is over half way through. The theme for this month is
 Getting Ready For Christmas. 
our sponsor this time is 
PENNY BLACK

To make my card I die cut a square of white cardstock and stamped the little dog using a PB wood backed stamp I've had for years, coloured him with Copic markers. I die cut a circle aperture, first cutting around the dog's head.  I used a  Christmas tree mask and green Distress Ink to create the border, the stamped the little holly sprigs.
 Using the same colour ink I sponged another offcut of white card , then stamped and embossed the sentiment (another PB wood mounted stamp). I placed a piece of snow printed acetate in the aperture over the sentiment using foam tape for a little dimension. (Not sure if I'm making any sense here....) 
Another Christmas card done!

Please check out the main challenge blog for details of how to enter and the lovely prize on offer.
Thanks for stopping by,
have a good day
Chris
x

Challenge entries:
MTCC #521
CRAFT #698
MAWTT #160
allsorts #755
PBSC- Anything Goes
welovestamping November Challenge





25 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fabulous card design Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Janette said...

What a gorgeous card Chris, the image of that cute dog is so sweet, love his scarfe, haha. Its a lovely design and you made perfect sense so don't worry.
Enjoy your day. xx

Lisa said...

That pup is so cute! Really love the layout you used too.

crafty-stamper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card and love the cute dog in front of the aperture.
Carol x

meg said...

A gorgeous snowy background and tree border Chris,love the adorable pooch

Mervi said...

Cute card!
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge.
DT Mervi

brenda said...

It certainly is Chris, five week I think. Love the doggy image in his Christmas scarf, he looks a happy chappie that makes you smile.

Perfect for our themes at Allsorts and We Love Stamping challenges, many thanks for joining us at both.

B x

Dotty Jo said...

And just HOW much do I now want that doggie stamp? This is gorgeous, Chris, Jo x

Liz said...

Gorgeous card Chris, your little dog is so cute in his Christmas scarf. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week using the Christmas option. xx

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Chris, love the wee dog and think I know what happens when you open it, love the snowflake acetate too, gorgeous design..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Mrs.B said...

A gorgeous card Chris, love the design and that cute dog.
Avril xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Chris,
oh how cute is that sweet dog all dressed up in his lovely warm scarf.
Such a super design and as always coloured perfectly.
Thanks for joining the MAWTT Challenge yet again.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L DT

Alyson Mayo said...

Aww - this is so cute! Love the little doggie. Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC :)

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How CUTE!! Love so much this card, the doggie makes me smile and the snow printed acetate looks great through the circle aperture! Beautiful design!
Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!

pinky said...

This card is so sweet and cute and has a lovely fresh feel to it Chris.

Linby said...

What a lovely little dog and your layout is fabulous.
Thanks also for sharing with us at Allsorts.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Chris I love, love, love this little cutie pie awesome colouring and I also love your card design this is smashing thank you for joining us at both Allsorts and We Love Stamping
hugs
lolo x

My Paper Epiphany said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love your design and the colours! Thanks for joining us at PBSC:)

Sue said...

Hi Chris I'm behind on my commenting there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day lately! This card is so cute LOL totally fabulous lots of hugs x

Mrs A. said...

Love your card with the oh so cute dog. Time is certainly creeping up and must get started on my christmas cards. Spoke to my Pharmacist and he told me that Styes are self limiting and they don't favour using creams on them anymore and to just keep on with the bathing it. Has cleared up a lot from last week and inside of my eye is not as red. Hugs Mrs A.

Sarah said...

What a fabulous Christmas doggo!! Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

Pat said...

Beautiful Christmas card Chris, great design and I love your little dog peeping at the sentiment.

Pat xx

anne said...

Your card so made me smile, such a lovely festive card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Critter Crazy Challenge.
Anne CCC-DT

Queenplay said...

A brilliant read! Your post is both insightful and well-crafted. Appreciate you sharing your valuable perspective.