Followers

Wednesday 28 June 2023

Four Legged Friend


 Good morning, here's my DT inspiration card for this fortnight's challenge at
 the theme - chosen by our lovely Pat K, is one of my favourites-
  Four Legged Friends

 I've chosen to use a doggy stamp- This is from a gorgeous set of Aall & Create stamps, this one is my favourite, the more I look at it the more I think it's a Great Dane, which makes me think of my beautiful big girls, who are no longer with us, we were lucky enough to have been the proud 'owners' of three of them (not all at the same time) and I still miss them very much. Fortunately we have Marvin now, our crazy and fun Labrador, he couldn't be more different to the gentle laid- back Danes but  he makes me laugh everyday with his antics and cleverness - and I love the naughty so and so to bits!

Anyway enough of my waffle and back to the card. I stamped the image using black Versafine Clair ink, masked it and added the stencilled circles then stamped the sentiment (from same set of stamps). The flowers and leaves are water coloured. 

Be sure to hop over to the challenge blog to see what my lovely teamies have created, hope to see you join in this fortnight.

Thanks for visiting and have a good day

Chris

x

Challenge entries:

June Stencil Fun

HLS June Stencils

creativecrafters #65

worldwidecrafters #6

creativefingers #257


19 comments:

Linby said...

This is so lovely - a great design.

meg said...

Brilliant design a beautiful doggy image and background

Mariann Jakobsen said...

Wowsa! Love your card! So brilliant!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and stamp,love the watercolouring and great stencilled background
Carol x

Aunty Sue said...

Beautiful stamp yes looks like a great dame hope Marvin is being good. Love this card

Sue said...

Love your card Chris hugs Sue x

Pat K said...

Super design for this lovely image...love it. xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Stunning card brilliant image have fun with Mavin
I had two Labradors and lastly a Westie sadly now long with me.
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Jenny L said...

Hi Chris,
what a very brilliant card and I love your cackground as well as that fabulous stamp of the dog.
My Son has had to make a ramp for his dogs to get back in the house after going out in the garden.
They are getting on and his outside door to the garden is very high.
I even have to go out backwards as I am afraid of falling.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

brenda said...

Beautifully done Chris, my fav from the set as well.

B x

Janette said...

I love Great Danes, they are just adorable, used to go out with a lad who owned one and he was as daft as a brush :))
Sorry about that Chris haha. I love this wonderful card, the image is gorgeous and I think the background is fabulous.
I love the way Marvin is abit naughty, shows a loving spirit.xx

Diane said...

I absolutely LOVE this and had to go and check out the stamp!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} Coming July 7th

Curly said...

This is gorgeous Chris, I love the colour theme the orange just make the blue stand out so much,
Have a lovely day
Hugs Bridget xx

Pat said...

Beautiful card Chris that image is just so gorgeous, great stencilled background.

Pat xx

Lisa said...

That is one fantastic sentiment with this cute dog. I have this dog on my wish list so I can make a few cards for my pet donations.

pinky said...

It's a real beauty and can see why it strikes with your memories of your Great Danes Chris.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super cute dog card with the fun dotted background! Thanks for joining in at HLS Stencil Challenge

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful card!!! The sentiment is SOOOO true!! Thanks so much for participating in our CREATIVE CRAFTERS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Loose Stitches said...

Lovely creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge.
~ Sherry DT/Admin/Coordinator xx