Followers

Wednesday 14 June 2023

Use a sentiment at Fab'n' Funky


 Good morning! It's summer here at last- lovely hot sunshine and no cold wind! I've been outside as much as I can- enjoying the garden now it's peaceful again. I had a lovely weekend- a Craft show on Saturday- yay! First one in this area for 4 years- it was pretty packed out- unsurprisingly. I treated myself to some lovely new stamps and stencils, so good to actually be able to see them in the 'flesh'  before you buy!  The only problem is the weather's too nice to sit indoors and play with them ....On Sunday we had a brilliant fun time at my son's BBQ- sunshine, good food and the very best company! I was persuaded to join my granddaughters on the trampoline (amazing what a couple of Prosecco's can do!)- didn't fall off or injure myself or the girls in any way, much to my husband's relief! Marvin came too- he was as good as gold and enjoyed himself as much as the humans did- didn't let him on the trampoline though in case he hurt himself.

Anyway enough waffling on! I'm here today with a project I made for our new challenge at 

Fab'n' Funky 

which starts today. Our host for this week is our lovely, talented N-Eva, who would like to see you use a sentiment on your creations- a lovely easy theme this time. I have this beautiful sentiment stamp from Indigo Blue, it's quite large so decided to make a bookmark with it. I blended some distress inks onto a piece of white cardstock added some stencilling and splatters then cut it into a bookmark shape. I stamped the sentiment with Versafine Clair ink in Warm Breeze (such a pretty colour!) Then stamped the little Lavinia mice and some vines and tiny flowers around the edges. I finished it off with some ribbon and fibres in matching colours. It's already come in useful as Marvin ate my previous bookmark last week- well not all of it some he chewed up and spat on the carpet- little treasure! Mostly he's good now but sometimes he forgets he's not a puppy any more!

There is lots of inspiration from my lovely teamies so please hop over for a visit- hope that you can join us this fortnight.

Thanks for visiting, have a lovely day

Chris

x

13 comments:

chrissy xx said...

FABulous colours here Chris. So much lovely details and a super sentiment with lots of oh so very true sayings. Pretty ribbon too. A book mark to be used whilst you take a sip of wine!
Yes! this weather is great, not much time to Craft and we must enjoy whilst it lasts..
Chrissyxx

Janette said...

The BBQ sounds wonderful, nothing like family fun is there.
This tag is beautiful Chris, I love it and of course the sentiment is perfect.xx

meg said...

An inspirational sentiment and gorgeous background and stamping Chris

Linby said...

Great way to use the sentiment stamp on the lovely inky background. Those mice are the perfect finishing touch.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

This is a beautiful tag loving the colours Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous bookmark and love the beautiful sentiment and little mice.
Carol x

brenda said...

Sounds like a great weekend Chris, such welcome weather and been on that Prosecco fuelled trampoline run, well was a bouncy castle actually.

Great tad as well with the Mice and super wording.

B x

Shona Erlenborn said...

Gorgeous Bookmark. Love the sentiment and those little dancing mice are so fun!

Pat said...

Beautiful bookmark Chris, love the sentiment, the gorgeous colours and the sweet little mice. Great that you got to a craft show, as you say so much better to be able to “see before you buy”. Sounds like you had a really enjoyable time at the BBQ.

Pat xx

Pat K said...

Gorgeous bookmark Chris with such a lovely sentiment. What a fun weekend..so happy the weather complied and you had a great time. xx

Liz said...

Fabulous bookmark, Chris. I love the sentiment, what a great stamp.

Sounds like you had a great time at the BBQ. Lucky you going to the craft fair. I haven’t been to one for a long time, the occasional fairly local one seems to be more knitting and sewing these days, so not worth the trip. Thinking about it, I’ve probably got enough stash already to open my own shop! 🤣 xx

Bernadet said...

What a great bookmark Chris!
I hear you have a great weekend behind!
Always a great time for shopping real.

pinky said...

Sounds like you are making the most of this gorgeous weather (though as I'm typing it is now lashing down). I love this gorgeous bookmark Chris. Beautiful colour and amazing sentiment.