Followers

Saturday 3 August 2024

Fun in the sun


 Good morning, I have two DT makes to share today. The first one is for our new challenge at
This fortnight the theme is
Summer Fun.
The image is from Krista Smith, I've coloured her and the waves with my markers and the circle behind her is coloured with Distress Oxide inks. I fussy cut around the waves and circle and placed onto a square of DP which matched beautifully. 
I used a very old set of alphabet  stamps to stamp the 'sun & fun' letters  onto white card using versamark ink and heat embossed with white EP, I coloured them with the DOIs then fussy cut (very fiddly!!!)
There is plenty more inspiration over at Sweet Stampin' so please do go take a look. 
We would love to have you play along- all you need to do is follow the theme and stamp something (digistamps are fine!)

Thanks for looking, I'll be back later with my second card.
Chris
x
Challenge entries
MTTC #539
CRAFT #729
allsorts #791/2
I spy... Summertime vibes

14 comments:

Liz said...

Great summer themed card, Chris. Perfect colouring in this lovely image.
Liz xx

Janette said...

Fabulous card Chris. Love the image and your colouring is wonderful, the background is just amazing and the letters look hot hot hot !!!! hahaha. xx

chrissy xx said...

GEORgeous! LOve your image, design and colouring Chris.
Yikes! You cut out your sentiment!! Well is really is FABulous....
Chrissyxx

meg said...

Your card shouts summer,sun,beach,holidays Chris, beautiful image,sentiment and layout

Lisa said...

Terrific image and amazing coloring. The sentiment is great too with the split colors.

pinky said...

Oh I think I have this image but I wish I could colour her up to look like that Chris. This card is absolutely gorgeous!!

Sarah said...

That's a really lovely seasonal card and coloured so beautifully. thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Chris love the image you have used also the lovely summery colours
hugs
lolo x

Paula said...

Just as summer should be. Thanks for entering with CRAFT Challenge Blog!

Card Creator said...

Such a fun inspiring design! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at My Time to Craft
~Tamara

Sheryl said...

A gorgeous Summer card.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

Ellibelle said...

This is so perfect for summer, the image is gorgeous and love the dotted letters!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at I spy with my little eye!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Clare Lloyd said...

Gorgeous colouring. Thanks for joining the CRAFT Challenge GDT x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

So gorgeous Chris! This image is just perfect for the challenge theme and I love the incredible background you gave her. Amazing hun! Stunning. Hugs, Wends xoxo